Sunday, December 11, 2011

Expanding the repertoire



Christine’s in town this weekend, so I’ve been solo with Wes most of the day. Which means I’ve been free to suck my teeth and clear my throat with impunity. It also means I can play my guitar as much as I want, since Wes and Franny don’t speak English well enough to tell me I suck.

When people ask me to describe how good of a guitar player I am, I tell them I sound like I’m awesome for 7 minutes. At first, I rule. Then I run out of material. So I’m trying to expand my repertoire.

Ideally, I’d like to play Wes songs to sleep, instead of reading him stories. In part to satisfy the rockstar oblongata in every dude’s brain. In part so I don’t have to read the same story over and over again. But mainly to brainwash my son into liking my music.

So I spent most of the day crooning my way through a bunch of Stones songs that I can hack out on the guitar. Midway through my 14th rendition of Loving Cup, Franny looked up at me sharply, jumped off the couch, and trotted over to the farthest point across the room from me.

Which is the universal language for you suck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This year is Replica Watches important because it is the year of the acquisition of the brand by the Scheufele Fake Rolex family. Says Karl - Friedrich Scheufele, co-president of Chopard: "we had a very classic intention, remembering Replica Breitling watches that my father was the early days of the recovery: always of the white dials, Black Roman numerals. It was the classic aesthetic of the time, that my father grew. It allows adjustment end and closes the watch market.



Unknown said...

In this spirit Replica Watches, the L.U.C 1963 tribute to the tradition of fine watchmaking, anchor aesthetic Replica Rolex and technical of Chopard, as well as the spirit of Chronometry Chopard is deeply attached. Indeed, the mark Replica Hublot is a frequent user of the certification of the COSC (Switzerland official chronometer control) and one of the five recipients of the prestigious hallmark of Geneva. The L.U.C 1963 has these two certifications, independent evidence of attainment that characterizes the Chopard Manufacture workshops.